TITLE: Executive Director of the Heppner Chamber
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors with the primary point of contact being the President of the Board of Directors
Job Description: The Executive Director is the paid “employee” of the organization, responsible for the full range of Chamber activities in accordance with the policies, procedures, and Bylaws of the Chamber. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination of programs, event and activities, supervision, training and motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, community outreach, service and promotion, promotion of new and continued communication and maintenance of existing chamber members.
• Communicates frequently with the President of the Board of Directors, and also directs communications to the Board of Directors.
• Participates as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors. Serves as corporate secretary to the Board of Directors and prepares notices, agendas and minutes for meetings of the Board of Directors.
• Is responsible for the administration of programs, events and activities in accordance with the policies and strategies of the Board of Directors.
• Oversees membership programs to ensure a steady growth in income and services.
• Works in conjunction with the Chamber Treasurer to prepare a draft of the Annual Operating Budget, complete with current and historical data for all revenue and expense line items, to be adopted by the Board of Directors.
• Oversees publication of materials that promote the Chamber and Heppner and surrounding communities and Morrow County. Develop and maintains media relations to foster a favorable image for Heppner and the Chamber. Serves as a point of contact for the media.
• Serves on Commissions, Boards of Directors, Committees, etc., relating to Chamber functions and activities with prior approval of the Board of Directors.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Requires travel, which could be outside of normal business hours and overnight stays for meetings/conferences.
• Maintains continuity and consistency in Chamber programs, events and activities, as directed by the Board. Monitors Chamber activities to assure conformance with Chamber Bylaws and policies of the Board of Directors, as well as maintains, and updates chamber website.
• Assumes Project Manager for the Willow Creek Valley Economic Development Group (WCVEDG) in development, communication and managing programs developed by WCVEDG, working closely with the WCVEDG board and/or assigned committees on projects, as directed.
• Pursues ongoing professional development within the framework of approved budget.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Excellent communications and public relations skills coupled with the ability to build relationships and influence others in a positive manner
• General knowledge of accounting and finance as they relate to the fiscal and financial obligations of the organization, and financial analysis of revenues and expenditures
• Excellence in organizational/project management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide leadership and motivate others
• Experience and knowledge in general office systems, computer and programs.
• Must have or obtain a valid Oregon Driver’s License
Personal and Social Competence
- High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
- Creative and change-oriented
- Energetic, and a self-starter
- Works with limited supervision
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $30,000-34,000; and is commensurate with experience.
- Includes mileage reimbursement, professional development, paid time off, holidays
For more detailed information about the Chamber, please refer to www.heppnerchamber.com or contact the Heppner Chamber at 541-676-5536. Email a cover letter describing your interest and your resume to [email protected] or mail to:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 1232
Heppner, OR 97836