Member Services & Events Manager
The Member Services & Events Manager is employed by the Heppner Community Foundation (HCF) and contracts services for the Heppner Chamber of Commerce. This role serves as the primary point of contact for both chamber members, and the public seeking information about Heppner events and services. The manager is responsible for coordinating and executing a variety of duties associated with member recruitment, retention, benefit fulfillment, and events. The position is also responsible for supervising and ensuring the success of all special events undertaken by the chamber. The position works out of HCF’s Arts & Business Innovation Center and is a key collaborator in providing business resources and events to both chamber members and to the public.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Key Responsibilities – Events Coordination:
- Current Events:
- Annual Chamber of Commerce Luncheon – January
- Quarterly Luncheons – April, July, and October
- Patrick’s Day Celebration – March
- Town & Country Awards Banquet – May
- Fair & Rodeo Parade and Gates – August
- Heppner Community Christmas Event / Heritage Lights Event – December
- Event Responsibility:
- Plan and organize all chamber events with the assistance of the board of directors, and delegation to volunteer committees, sponsors, and partnered organizations.
- Promote and organize local workshops and events for local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Promote the events and services of chamber members through social media, e-newsletters, print materials, and in-person networking.
- Host and organize quarterly chamber member luncheons that include catering, event advertising, new member spotlight, scheduled speaker, sponsors, and member reporting/networking.
Key Responsibilities – Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising:
- Manage all advertising for chamber events.
- Prepare publicity for all meetings, events, and activities – including social media, print advertising, and e-newsletters.
- Manage and distribute bi-weekly e-newsletter to chamber members that include job board, new and existing member highlights, upcoming events, and legislative updates.
- Represent Chamber at state, regional, and local meetings, and events.
- Respond to all requests for information about Heppner and the Chamber.
- Use Adobe Express/Canva or other marketing material platforms to create professional flyers, social media posts, and other print materials.
Key Responsibilities – Member Advocacy, Retention & Expansion:
- Manage chamber membership retention and growth efforts.
- Manage Chamber membership in online databases (JagChamber, WordPress, Mailchimp).
- Work closely with members to help promote their businesses.
- Attract new members and work to retain existing chamber members.
- Attend Eastern Oregon Visitors Association (EOVA) meetings.
- Attend Oregon State Chamber of Commerce (OSCC) meetings.
- Attend Economic Development (EODA) meetings.
- Attend Governor’s Conference on Tourism (organized by Travel Oregon)
- Maintain quality brochures to promote tourism.
- Be creative in your approach to attracting visitors and create tourism development plans with local partners.
- Encourage and promote Sponsorship opportunities to new and existing members.
- Serve as an information source and resource to members regarding benefits, opportunities, etc., ensuring a high level of member satisfaction.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 5 + years of events coordination or non-profit/membership management experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong motivation to support local community projects and enhance the quality of life of Heppner residents.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for working with members, vendors, and volunteers.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to coordinate the actions of multiple parties.
- Strong computer literacy in using events and membership management software, word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, and e-newsletter software.
- Basic accounting skills to track spending and stick to a budget.
- Strong networking and public speaking skills to build relationships with new and existing members, and the public.
- Confidence in working with a variety of leadership, and members at local, state, and regional levels.
- Strong social media, marketing, and advertising skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or graphic design preferred.
- Experience with e-newsletter platforms or website backends preferred (Mailchimp, WordPress)
- Is energetic, a self-starter and works with limited supervision.
- 32 hours/week
- 4-day workweek: Monday – Thursday, with exception of weekend events or conferences.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work from home 1 day/week.
- Laptop and desktop computer provided to accommodate flexible workspace.
- Personal office and small conference space in downtown Heppner.
- $24.00-26.00/hour or DOQ
- Negotiable additional compensation for new membership/sponsorship acquisition and retention
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Katie Murray, [email protected] with the subject line: Resume – Member Services, and Events Manager